Leave the Microwave Repair to the Pros!
Are you a DIY’er? A “Do-It-Yourselfer?” If there is a home project or repair needed, do you find yourself to be handy enough to manage most projects? We live in a DIY world where most any “how-to” guide or video can be found on the internet. But, that might not be good idea when it comes to microwave repair. According to the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC):
“From 2006 through 2008 there was an annual average of two electrocution
deaths associated with consumers attempting to repair microwave ovens.
Microwave ovens use high voltage which makes it particularly hazardous for consumers to remove the cover and touch electrical parts. The possibility for electrical shock from a microwave oven still exists even after the oven is disconnected from the power source. Should certain internal devices fail, even unplugged ovens can cause serious injury. The Commission strongly recommends that consumers have professionals repair microwave ovens because electrical appliances can be hazardous if consumers expose live electrical parts.” (Source: https://www.cpsc.gov/s3fs-public/micro.pdf)
The CPSC website has a wealth of information about home and consumer product safety. You can find the site by visiting https://www.cpsc.gov.
Much satisfaction can come from handling small home projects and repairs yourself, however, other jobs are best left to the professionals. If you notice that you are having issues with your microwave-- the control board is not working, it’s not heating food, parts are broken, or any other issues or problems you might experience with your residential microwave or microwave hood combination (MHC), give us a call at Appliance Science. We have certified technicians that are trained to repair and install any major household appliance, including microwave ovens. Why take the chance of serious injury by trying to repair a microwave yourself? At Appliance Science, we have a formula for your fix!